Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Cats Behind Bars

Last Sunday, just before the meet with Sue, me and my friends, Chun Chow and Wendy, hopped over to the International Cats Exhibition Show at the Civic Center, Kuching. It is no surprise that the international event was held in Kuching, since this city itself is named after cats (kucing is direct Malay translation for cat). Yeah, the Civic Center is also where the Links Bar is at. It was really a rush since we all had things to do earlier that afternoon, and still having to rush over to make it in time for the Bloggers Meet.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




I love cats. I meow a lot, both in my blog and in real life. I just think that cat is such a fascinating and adorable creature. The way the purr, their graceful smooth movements, their cute, pitiful eyes, and oh gosh, even their voice of meowing are very attractive and intriguing in their own nature. They would not need that much attention, but only go to you when they need food or anything crucial. Cats are usually silent (unlike dogs) and easier to please, and they are waaaaaaaaaaay cleaner and easier to maintain in comparison with many other pets. I would keep a pet cat, but I am living on a 4th storey appartment, with no open spaces and limited rooms.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




When we arrived late in the afternoon, it was quite a disspointing sight, because more than half of the cats on display are brought away and no longer on the public exhibition anymore. It was afterall, rather late already, but people still flood the place like they have never seen cats before. I do not particularly take interests in the species and breed of cats, but I just like looking at them and how their sad cute eyes look back at you. Hence a good chance of putting my camera to use.


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




The display was all made of blue and white cages. It gave me the impression that the cats were imprisoned behind steel bars, which was a very saddening feeling. You could literally sense the bitterness of the trapped cats in those cages, and somehow, all the cats seemed dull and unexcited about the idea of being locked in the cages for the entire day. They should have utilized transparent glass cases instead, allowing a higher touch of class and more pleasing to the eye sight. All the cats were lying down lazily, and suffered the trauma of human hands trying to reach out and have a touch on their cleanly maintained fur. Goodness, some of the cats were so scared of the vultures people that they shrank away timidly backwards to the corner of the cage. It was torture I tell you, animal ABUSE !!

In the jungle CAGES, the mighty jungle Small Blue Cages, the lion cats sleep tonight....


Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar





In every pictures, I can't help it but only feel the one emotion: Sadness. I don't know why, maybe the cats were not used to being stared and groped molested by so many people before. And they probably felt helpless since they were caged, and there was nothing they could do. I know they were just animals, they may not be able to think, but I can tell you one thing for sure, they are able to feel. Animals have exhibited great degree of sadness, and this cat show is none of the exceptions.

I think the dog-lovers will hate me for this entry. I don't hate dogs. But I prefer cats. And if you think that is something distasteful, maybe I shall chop you (and your dogs, if you have any) into pieces and feed you off for this little cat below.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



I think the cat is hungry.

MEOW !!

13 comments:

  1. meow.

    i'm telling you i was oohing and aahing all the way thru this post. aduh so comel!!! :D

    ok now u have me grinning like an idiot. daymmmm..

    u knw wht the funny thing is? i'm a dog person.

    oh the shame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey aaron,
    ahahaha, cats are sooo cute, its hard to hate them !!
    MEEEOWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth be told, I find the tiger more disturbing and heart wrenching to look at. It's a proud wild feline, reduced to a mere big attraction, tamed by a collar and had people 'grope' it. In some pictures it even looked drugged.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey luxferi,
    yeah, kinda pity the tiger, i do believe it was drugged, since it stayed quite still and didnt move much....

    ReplyDelete
  5. yo,
    is that a real tiger on the loose???

    Muahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey Iwan,
    yeah that is !! Rooaarrr

    ReplyDelete
  7. what? no cat skinning show?

    ReplyDelete
  8. robin! save the cats! set them free!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey wuching,
    Thank goodness u are not in kuching yet..

    hey merv,
    I think i would steal the cats from the rich and give to the poor..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg, I over read Car show. Sekali scroll down why got cat wan. Then only realized it's a CAT show. But I very geli with cats. They are so slimy. When I see cat I run far far. Dunno why. *woof*

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey hijackqueen,
    i think u have a cat-phobia !! How can anyone be scared of cats, they are so cccuuuuutttteeee and adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  12. yo, i been there too...but it was quite late whn i went..i miss out de siberian cub...haha...im a cat lover too

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey kelly,
    ahahahha, the tiger wasnt that attractive lar.. i kinda kesian the tiger though.. must have been drugged or something...
    good to see another cat lover !! Cheers

    ReplyDelete