Saturday, November 18, 2006

Coffee Bean

For the past few weekends or so, I have managed to drag my huge heavy ass out of the house and walked all the way (alright, its only 15 mnutes walk..) under the hot sun to this cool air-conditioned, nicely furbished and filled with awesome coffee aroma place called the Coffee Bean at Sarawak Plaza. Yeap, right at the heart of the Kuching City itself. No, I was not there for the over-priced coffee.. no hot chicks around for pleasurable views.. I went to Coffee Beans week after week just for one specific thing.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



The Free Wireless Internet Connection.


Yeah, there are not many free things available in this land full of "kiam siap" people, but when there is something as good as a free broadband connection, I for one would stand up and race right towards it. Call me cheap skate. I do not care. The blardy 1515 (dial up modem, orbetter known as, snail connection) at home can't do much nowadays, with most websites featuring heavy loading graphics and flash. Not to mention downloading any files would take centuries, literally, and by doing so would cost a fortune on monthly telephone billing. Why don't I apply for the broadband access in Malaysia? The answer is simple, I am not staying here for long. Furthermore minimum subscription to Streamyx is one full year...

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




So, free internet here in a local coffee shop is indeed.. Godsent, in many ways.
And I gotta tell you, I am not the only one appreciating this. The entire place is flooded with people. Some would even stay from early afternoon till late night. How would I know? Simply because I was one of them. Additionally, they have adequate power supply connection for your laptops, so you don't have to rely on your not so reliable laptop battery.

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar




Come to think of it coming here for the broadband is not such a bad thing. Coffee Beans Kuching is right in the middle of the city business district, there is good food everywhere, and shopping centres surrounding the area.

ROBIN @ Coffee Beans, Kuching

Image Uploaded by ImageShack Toolbar



So people, anyone free to join me on my weekly visit to coffee beans? Just drop me a message. I can get pretty lonely here you know... ahahahah...

5 comments:

  1. hehehehe.

    coffee beans. :) what a wonderful, wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it's not a bad thing to surf drom coffee beans. Their coffee is not cheap either. Hey, what is your next plan?
    Where will you be going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. heeeyy aaron !!
    yeah.. wonderful place indeed !!!

    hey hijackqueen..
    i never had their coffee, ahahahha... my next plan? as in what I plan to do with life??
    Work lor !!! and earn $$$.. ahahha

    ReplyDelete
  4. gimme a beep! if i'm free and have a car, i'll go join you!~ hoho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey silveraven,
    maybe they are having too much stress over exams and stuff..ahahhaaa who knows...

    ReplyDelete