Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Touched by An Angel

I know I have not been updating much these few days, no not because I have been extremely busy with life, in fact I have not been having more free time than now, and I am enjoying every single bit of it.. doing nothing for a change after all those while of chasing time around the clock can serve to be rather soul-calming and relaxing at the same time. This is my much needed rest, which unintentionally included time out from blogging activities.

So what have I done in my resting days you ask? Ahh.. with the wonders of the Iinternet, I have been watching videos on You Tube. No, I am not watching Power Rangers anymore. There are actually heaps more of stuff that I have been wanting to watch, for instance missing episodes of cartoons, aheem I mean tv shows, dramas and such from long ago that I have always wanted to catch up with. Screw those Malaysian televisions for jumbling up episode sequence and arrangement just because of tiny elements that suggest explicit sex or violence. Thanks to You Tube, I can watch, and re-watch those episodes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




One of the tv-drama that I so adore is Touched by An Angel. It was a true blessing and wonder that this show was not banned in Malaysia, since it is indeed obviously portraying a Christian-religion sided perspective, which is considered a wrongful, sinful and unlawful act in this Muslim dominated country. I believe many are familiar with this show, which basically digs deep into lives of ordinary living people, exploring the trauma, problems and all sorts of human difficulties, and Angels of God working their ways through those difficult times faced by ordinary people and delivering one truth, one power message that many people, even Christians themselves have missed out in this fast moving and changing world...

God Loves Us...


Why I loved Touched by An Angel so much? Not because of any hot babes baring exposed gigantic boobs under tight bras, not because of cool true to life CGI and action moments, not because of some teen-weeny puffy love that have been commercialized by countless other dramas dominating the Tv-sphere. I was overly obsessed with Touched by An Angel because of the hope that it shows. This world is indeed in so much pain and chaos, humanity is suffering in many possible ways. Knowing the fact that God is always there with us, and working His miraculous hands through our difficult times, it gives me strength and inspiration to fight the difficult fight. Though Guardian Angel do not appear to us in real life like those shown exaggeratedly in the drama, but God's miracles always do, may it be small or world changing miracles. God works wonders and miracles, and many refuse to open their eyes and hearts to see it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




I am not shy to admit that most of the episodes in Touched by An Angel left me shedding a tear or two, and sometimes more than a dozen. Somehow I could feel the connection with the characters and their lives, they felt so real as if I was sharing their burden and pain. Yet, when the moment comes when the Angels reveal themselves and spread the glorious message from heaven "God loves you", I could feel as if it was speaking to me, reminding me that God's love has never failed us, and never will. A constant reminder of hope is always needed and much appreciated. I may not be touched by any angels, but truly I what I felt and received from the dramas were certainly more than just psychological effect or chemistry working in my brains. I believe in the Holy Spirits. I believe in Guardian Angels.

I did some searching in You Tube and came up with few short clips of Touched by An Angel, but sadly only one full episode of it. As desperate as I may sound, I watched the episode on the spot. Something irks me towards the end of the show. Watch the clips if you really want to understand what I am trying to tell you.








For the rest of the episodes (the entire episode is broken down into 8 seperate clips) you can view it here (click).


Muhammad Ali, the world famous Boxer, appearing in this Christian-based drama, delivering a powerful message of Christianity: "God Loves You" to the young boy. In case that does not sound unusual to you, allow me to rephrase this...

Muhammad Ali, a Muslim with a very obvious Muslim name, whom apparently is strongly devoted to Islam (read the evidence here) but somehow appeared in a Christian drama, doing a errmm.... very very Christian thing !!! Alright.. see I myself was at lost of words trying to describe that brief scene.

I am confused. Or rather, something felt rather wrong in that episode, something felt out of place. Am I the only one feeling this? Please, anyone, tell me what you think.. probably the "angels" did something to Ali... and converted him into something like this...



Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Image Hosted by ImageShack.us





A little prayer taught to me when I was little:
Angel of God,
My Guardian Dear,
To whom God's LOVE,
Entrust me here,
Ever this day, be at my side,
To light and guide,
To rule and guard.

Amen.

I still say that prayer sometimes. Probably Muhammad Ali does too. Only God knows.


Tags:




17 comments:

  1. "Muhammad Ali, the world famous Boxer, appearing in this Christian-based drama, delivering a powerful message of Christianity: "God Loves You" to the young boy. In case that does not sound unusual to you, allow me to rephrase this...
    Muhammad Ali, a Muslim with a very obvious Muslim name, whom apparently is strongly devoted to Islam (read the evidence here) but somehow appeared in a Christian drama, doing a errmm.... very very Christian thing !!! Alright.. see I myself was at lost of words trying to describe
    that brief scene...."

    Dear Robin, not to offend you especially considering this is your blog, but i do want to clarify what you wrote.

    When you say, Mohd Ali said "God Loves you" and later on say its a very very Christian thing...
    Do you mean or trying to imply or seem to think that message of God Loves you is reserve only in the Christian believes?
    Because its widely spread in the Islamic teaching and also Judaism for that matter.

    And theres nothing wrong for a muslim to appear in a christian show if just going to say God loves you but he start to view Jesus how the christian do, then this is wrong in the sight of Islam.

    I also dont view wikipedia as a barometer to clasify someone as a devout Muslim, it takes much more than converting to Islam and fight for the course of Islam to devout...Its only God who decides on the day of Judgement who is a devout and who is not, we can just do the best we can...

    and is the photo of Muhammad Ali are real?

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey rudster_wudster,
    no no, I am not offended at all, I always welcome open opinions, since I spoke of many things in my blog openly.
    Well, if you ask any Christian, or at least the "sane" ones, what is the most important thing is Christinity, that person will answer you LOVE.
    Thats the whole theme of that Christian Drama Touched by An Angel. I am not saying anything bad about muslims or its religion, like I mentioned, I find it awkward and out of place to have a Muslim with a Muslim name, prcclaiming those words, the strongest message of Christianity, inside a Christian Tv-Drama, alongside Guardian Angels of God. At the end of the episode, it was shown Ali embracing and hugging an Angel of God, hearing the words from that Angel "God Loves You too". Nothing is bad, everything was ok, I just find it.. a little.. weird.. thats all..
    And the photos of Muhammad Ali were real, but I edited the words of course.. aheemm,.. noty noty me

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey kenjj,
    God loves you too !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. watching tv shows on youtube..not very comfortable lah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey wuching,
    where else can u find those? i dun think those rare dramas are available on dvd or anywhere else leh..

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pastor once told me that God uses everyone and everything to spread his message. So I guess maybe Mohd. Ali got touched by an angel too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey merv,
    yeah, thats what i thought too... probably muhammad ali is proclaiming God's Words... interesting to see things work in mysterious ways

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a Muslim and I too watched and liked this show. The overall message of faith is i think very valid in a modern world otherwise becoming more devoid of faith. Angels exist but i think (i must check this) but in our doctrine they have no free will like humans. We also believe in Jesus as one of the great messengers from God. There is many verses in the Quran about him and his Mother. Mother Marry is greatly reveared as being the greatest mothers of all time. The miracle of the virgin birth is also described in the Quran. So from this aspect it would not seem at all improper for Mr Ali to appear on this show.
    We also believe that Jesus will return to this Earth to complete his life and rule near the end of days.

    In essence this tv shows surmises that God loves us. Weather we believe or not.

    So in light of this perhaps the actions of Mr Ali, are not so surprising.

    I hope this helps and does not offend. Forgive me if it does.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Buy Endress & Hauser models at up to 20% discount from list price

    Endress+Hauser is a leading supplier of measuring instruments and automation solutions for the industrial process engineering industry.

    Endress+Hauser is recognized as a leading supplier of industrial measurement and automation equipment, providing services and solutions for industrial processes all over the world. Endress+Hauser offer comprehensive process solutions for flow, level, pressure, analysis, temperature, recording and digital communications across a wide range of industries, optimizing processes in regards to economic efficiency, safety and environmental protection.

    As major stockists of many Endress and Hauser level instruments, We [url=http://www.endress.org.ua]official distributor Endress+Hauser in Ukraine[/url], can offer a range of Endress & Hauser models at up to 20% discount from list price - prices usually only available when buying in bulk.

    Feel free to contact us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. [url=http://www.answerbag.com/profile/1238301]DVD X Copy Platinum 5.0.0.513[/url] [url=http://lecturer.elektrounesa.org/?u=videoseanissa3]Softstunt Video to iPod Zune PSP 3GP[/url]
    DVD X Studios CloneDVD 4.0.12.509 Youtube File Manager
    http://www.blogportalen.no/blog/?u=videosealan0 Flash Video MX 3.4.2.12
    [url=http://www.adulthostedblogs.com/?u=videoseallison3]DVD Cloner Pro[/url] [url=http://www.pinskerdream.com/bloghoster/?u=videosealanna8]Xilisoft YouTube Video Converter 1.0.87.1012[/url]
    AVS Video ReMaker Cool Free All Video Converter Platinum
    http://www.blogportalen.no/blog/?u=videoseamias8 RZ Zen Converter
    BSPlayer Pro 2.10
    my icq:858499940385

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

    ReplyDelete
  12. It to me is boring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great read! You may want to follow up to this topic =D


    infinite insurance

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really liked your article. cardiovascular Read a useful article about tramadol tramadol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.


    Here is my blog: quick house sale

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been visiting all blog for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful.plz see it sell my home.

    ReplyDelete