Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New Sexy Slim LCD Monitors

As an engineering student, I find myself spending huge amount of time in the School Computer Laboratory. We need to utilise those 10000 Dollars or more worth of sohpisticated softwares to solve problems in many given assignment or projects. Since we could not find pirated version of the softwares Some of the problems assigned to us were super-complicated, and the so-not-user-friendly softwares are of no help at all. Long days, endless sleepless nights and neverending weeks spent on the assignment, right in the computer lab. Considering how much time we camped there, I guess we can say that we own the place already.

It is not that students complain so much of the computers in the lab. The systems installed for us on the whole were pretty standard and satisfactory in general computer application. Pentium 4 Processors, running on 64-128MB of RAM with decent video graphics performance. The system was equipped with all necessary office softwares, Words, Excel, bla bla bla... and the thousands bucks worth of Engineering Softwares and Graphic Tools like Autocad, Solid Works, Plaxis, Space Gas and Multiframe. Oh ya, not the mention the internet connection is simply superb.




But, the old fashioned CRT monitors were giving us sore eyes and splitting headaches when we worked on our projects and assignments with the computer analysis for long hours. The refresh rate of the monitors was horrible, and I can swear my eye sight was deteriorating over the semester.

Look at how hard we work.





Oh urmmm ... I mean the following.. hehehhee




After being away for a summer, I noticed a lot of changes in the university. Apparently my university recently won nobel prize for some God knows what research that had been going on that God Knows who cares, and somehow somewhere that boosts up the inwards cash flows and immediately noticable changes are seen everywhere. But the most stunning upgrade of all would be this:

JENG JENG JENG






Fuiiiyoooooo !!!!! Syoook Man !!!!

Now this is what I call a true motivation for the students !!! Every single unit of the computers in the lab has been upgraded. Everything that was previously white now became all black. I kinda like the look of the new computers for the students. And definitely, no one would ever complain about the monitor screen ever again !!!! Maybe someone was listening to our problems and complaints after all, and actually make things happen to improve our learning process. How sweet.

The old THICK lousy CRT monitor:




The all new Slim Hot Sexy LCD Screen:




And the best part of all, the LCD is Philips.



Sony Sucks big time Philips is definitely making things better. And now, everyone can truly enjoy playing Counter Strike or DOTA with a better overall system performance and video graphics, on the new stylish Philips LCD monitor.




I am starting to like my uni already. Now if only I can remember my login name and password, hmmmm.....

11 comments:

  1. wow! wish ur uni could trade with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ivan,
    come to perth !!! Come come !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey dragon city,
    I know i know... i never thought they would spend this much to upgrade the whole thing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, only if my uni does that too. I'm jealous. Where are you studying? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey jason,
    I am at the University of Western Australia, Perth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate LCDs coz it tends to give wrong colours when editing :S

    ReplyDelete
  7. can curi and sell one set to me for low price ka???heheh....he

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey asyraf lee,
    I know what u mean, i am using my laptop to edit my photos, the colours turn out to be quite different viewed in other lcd or monitors.

    hey arth,
    I am plotting on a mission to curi the lcds now.. muahahahhaa...
    just kidding..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I was out blogging and found your aite. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Accessories
    information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I was out blogging and found your aite. It certainly got my attention and interest. I was looking for Disks
    information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!

    ReplyDelete