Friday, February 03, 2006

Free Ang Pows at Star Cineplex

Watching movies in Kuching is undeniably a sad experience. Since I used to buy pirated VCDs and DVDs for new titles most of the time, I never cared bout cinemas We do not have many choices left, since there are only a few operating and “functional” cinemas running locally. I used to prefer Riverside Cineplex because of the superior picture and sound quality, as well as the full back support complete with head rest seats designed to my comfort-liking. Sadly, Riverside Cineplex has declined in service and quality over the years, losing big time to Star Cineplex.



Until recently (ok this is not so recent, since I was constantly away from Kuching) when Star Cineplex was renovated and underwent some make-overs that included 4 new in-line cinemas and upgraded sound systems, I lost interest in Riverside Cineplex. Futhermore, most of the good movies are shown at Star, many not screened at Riverside. There is no doubt Star dominated cinema entertainment in Kuching.



CNY decorations in Star Cineplex. I simply adore it, gives a very warm and sparkly feeling.


My friends back in Kuching have been over-enthusiastic on watching FEARLESS by Jet Li. Since some of them are leaving pretty soon, we decided to catch the afternoon show today. And so we bought our tickets in advance, 3 hours before the show starts.



Along with the tickets purchased, came 3 Ang Pows. As selfish and super-stingy as Kuching people can be, we would instinctively expect the red packets to be EMPTY. That brings us to this question, why would anyone give others empty red packets? I simply believe it was pointless, and definitely the idea was utterly lame.



When I squeezed the Ang Pows, they were NOT empty!!! I swore I could feel something inside!!! And something THICK!!!




No, the picture above was not real, and only taken to illustrate the picture on my mind. I was imagining Mr Cash Money inside the Ang Pows!! I mean, the purpose of Ang Pow is to carry Mr Cash Money anyway!!

Being excited and anxious and curious about what’s inside…



Jeng Jeng Jeng !!!!!






F**k!!!!

It was only mini pocket 2006 carlender.




Double F**k !!!

With Harisu on the other side some more... ADUHAI !!!


Oh no no no, I am not having any gay/transsexual/half guy half girl pictures in my pocket nor wallet. They would just emit the wrong kind of signals that I do not want anyone especially the hot chicks to pick up.


The movie Fearless was so and so as for my view. I liked the Kung Fu fighting scenes, for they did not over-do the moves like some other conventional modern Kung Fu movies with flying from roof and roof and earth shattering fist powers. The movie was very well toned down, and the storyline was quite straightforward. To me, there was nothing spectacular. Average I would say. Hence I am keeping this review short, and sweet.

So head over to Star Cineplex now.

Not to watch Fearless, but to receive Ang pows.

Not to get money in the Ang pows, but to get a GAYISH pocket carlender.

What a treat that was.

Side note: I do not have anything personal against Harisu, and no harm is intended. I have nothing against homosexuality, nor do I endorse it. If you do not agree with what I think and write, you can go F**K yourself just kindly ignore it please !!

6 comments:

  1. wei,suspense la.....then i wonder why are they so generous....but i got to say that hirasu girl's kinda pretty.for a man!! O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey arth,
    Gotcha there... wahahhaa...
    yeah, she is quite pretty... i did not know she was a he until my friend told me...
    man... hunting for girls nowadays, we ought to be extra careful. girls nowadays could be anything... anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. u should make ur own calendar with ur pic in it & put it in an angpow to give back to star! :) & the she-male? she(he)'s hot! u shouldn't have told me she's a he ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea who is Harisu (never heard the name before) till I read this post :P

    Time to get the Fearless DVD :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever thought about including a little bit more than just your
    articles? I mean, what you say is valuable and everything.

    However just imagine if you added some great
    images or videos to give your posts more, "pop"! Your content is excellent but with images and videos, this website could certainly be one of the best in its niche.
    Very good blog!

    Here is my page ... jeremy scott wing shoes 2.0
    Look at my web page ; jeremy scott leather wings 2.0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm very pleased to uncover this great site. I wanted to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!! I definitely appreciated every little bit of it and i also have you saved as a favorite to look at new stuff on your blog.

    Also visit my weblog - unlock iphone 5 roger
    Also visit my web blog ... unlock iphone 5 32gb

    ReplyDelete