Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year 2006, Not Happy

Earlier on the new year's eve, plans were vastly discussed, and words were travelling around, calls, sms, even msn.






The original plan was to gather the group of friends at SOHO by 10.00pm, and start partying, all the way up till countdown, and pass that, dancing, drinking and laughing. Sounds simple, and deliciously tempting at the same time. A new year's eve celebration just could not get any spicier than this. I, like every other person in the group was so looking forward to this particular night out.

Transport was arranged, and I got ready. Miss call came through my phone. An anonymous number, so I thought my transport was already here, since I was also expecting some participants I was not familiar with, hence the unrecognised number was not a total stranger. Thus I rushed out of my house.

No one there. No car waiting.

So I sat down staring at the weird miss call, and thought it might be a wrong call or something. Since I was already outside (my place is 4 storeys up) so I just waited downstairs.

30 minutes passed, its 1030pm. No one came.

11.05 pm, damnit, countdown is only less than one hour away !!! And no one came. Not even a miss call !!!!

Reluctantly I went upstairs. And picked up my house phone. (DIGI sucks big time. I still have RM30 left in my credit, yet the validity expired)



Robin: Dude, where are you guys?
Ivan: We're here already.
Robin: Everyone's there?
Ivan: Yeah, YOU ARE LATE MAN !!! WHERE ARE YOU ????
Robin: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ivan passed the phone to Mike

Mike: DUDE !!! Where the hell are you?? We have been waiting for so long !!! How can you be late????
Robin: but but but but.....
Mike: I thought your friend was supposed to pick you up...
Robin: but but but.. just now in the afternoon in the msn....
Mike: I'll call you back...
Robin: Arrrgggggghhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!

I was so furious I could throw flame out of my breathe I swear. 10 f**king minutes later...

Alvin: Robin I go fetch you now...
Robin: Ok lah.. whatever....


And so Alvin came, and we went to SOHO, me entering the place at nearly 11.30pm. Quite a rush. The party was already heated up, and the bottle of Chivas was already ALMOST EMPTY. So much for the drinking plan.

Mr M: Hey dude, you made it....
Robin: (noticing him a little drunk) Err.. yeah.. luckily its not countdown yet.
Mr M: Come, drink drink
Robin: Whats this?
Mr M: Its Chivas with coke...
Robin: OK, but it doesnt look like its mixed with coke, I think its mixed with green tea...
Mr M: NO lah... we dun have green tea here...
Robin staring at two empty cans of Yeo's Green Tea.....
Robin drinking the glass of "drink".... no taste of Chivas... just pure Green Tea...

Man....
This sucks
HUGE time...

I was not just mad, I was furious. I mean, there were so many people there, how come none of them checked me out?? None questioned me not being punctual. Knowing me all this while, I will never be late for anything. Not on this big occasion. But no one cares. This sucks. This really does.

And ALVIN WONG... PLEASE JUST BUY THE F**KING SPEAKERS... Godamnitt !!! (Inside problem, sorry, but Im too furious not to mention this) My house is soooo fucking near your house lah, instead of me not confirming with you, WHY DUN YOU CALL and CONFIRM with me? All these while in Perth or Kuching, I have never even once received a call or sms from you. All there was in communication was ME initiating the contact. ME SMSing you. ME calling you. Wah Lau eh.... Who do you think you are? Obviously, I am not significant. Not at all, not at all. Who am I to ask for such things... yeah, forgive me, I was being foolish I believe. But Damnit... this SUCKS also

Considering all I am going through nowadays, I thought this specific night was the night to unwind, and let go all my worries, just for a while, and be free from troubles and problems. I just wanted to have fun. I guess that would be too much to ask for. Lets just say I am not in the best of shape these few days. With me being screwed like this... no no no... This sucks sucks sucks...

Wonder why there are no photos in this blog post? Because I didnt bring my camera out and I know this is not a night for me to remember. I swear, now its hours after the party, I can still Breathe FIRE.

So much for a Happy New Year. Maybe this is a sign of things to come.

THE END


Side note: At the scale of anger from 0-100, I was at 95 while I was writing this entry, thus overdoing some descriptions in this entry. Hence, I apologize upfront if any of the content offends any readers in any way. I have not been in the best mood lately, and letting go some of those emotions in this blog is much better than letting out in real life right? Just Dont come to my door with a knife please do not take this personally. I will be alright the morning after this. I will be fine. However I was honest when I mentioned I was not happy. Sorry, but thats true. Kindly email me at hamish7ian@hotmail.com or drop a comment. I will make a "good-mood" entry shortly after this to patch things up. Stay tuned.. robinwong.blogspot.com readers...

4 comments:

  1. man... i totally understand how u feel. if it was me, i'd be super f*ck fire up. Should have straight away pick u and go soho man..

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.. its ok lar... no one is to be blamed. I guess i was too looking forward to that night, and when it didnt turn out to be what i expected, i was a little mad. But im ok now. Everything is cool..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chill mate...

    My NY's celebration wasn't very nice too....

    Very disappointing. Staying at home would be a much better option.

    Anyway.. second entry is now up. Was too busy to write over the last few days.

    cheeeeers, mate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks "confused:. Well, it was a misunderstanding, NOT ON MY PART obviously, but everyone was convinced otherwise. sadly.
    my friend pointed out to me that it was not a big thing, and they still care for me coz willing to come all the way to fetch me again.
    But i was thinking, if they have missed me out in the first place, would it not be the right thing to do to try, come and get me??
    after all, i was the one LEFT BEHIND, was i not? it is just instinctively natural to come and get me. If those people think that coming to get me is a trouble, and is some kind of heroic deed, then i believe my presence did not mean much, and if that is TRUE, i would rather stay home like you said, a much better option.

    ReplyDelete